Optoma warrants its screen against defects in material and workmanship if used in accordance with the conditions and recommendations set out in the User Manual. Warranty Periods for different screens are available at Optoma’s website. If screen becomes defective within the Warranty Period, Optoma will, at its discretion, repair or replace the defective screen with new, reconditioned, or re-manufactured one.
This warranty does not extend to screen which has been subjected to misuse, abuse, neglect, accident, fire, flood, physical damage, incorrect wiring, improper installation, unauthorized service, use in violation of instructions furnished by Optoma, or modification made to it by parties other than Optoma’s own service center or its Authorized Service Provider (Collectively as “Service Center”).
Optoma guarantees the replacement screen for a period of thirty (30) days after Optoma delivers the replacement screen. Should the fault occur in the replacement screen within said thirty (30) day period, End User should request to return the faulty screen in accordance with the Return Merchandise Authorization procedure below.
Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Procedure for Replacement Service
If End User needs to return a defective screen back to Service Center, End User must complete a RMA Request Form, which is available at http://www.optomausa.com/doc/Support/2005_RMA_Form.pdf, and submit the completed RMA Request Form to Service Center.
Service Center will issue a RMA number in the event that the said RMA Request Form is completed and is in compliance with all the requirements; in particular, the RMA number must be clearly marked on the outside of the box. Service Center reserves the right to reject any returned screen without an officially issued RMA number. RMA number issued by Service Center is only valid for thirty (30) days after the issuance by Service Center. This Warranty does not extend to any returned screen with an out-of-date RMA number. Service Center reserves the right to return such screen back to End User at End User’s cost.
Screen Defective Return
• If the screen is defective within the Warranty Period, Service Center will replace it at no cost to End User with a new, reconditioned, or re-manufactured one.
• For Service Center to accept the return of a defective screen, End User must have available the original purchase invoice and describe the symptom in order to obtain a RMA number from Service Center. End User must ensure that these details are available and on hand when contacting Service Center. The lack of any of the required details will render the defective screen ineligible for a warranty replacement. The defective screen must be returned with its original packaging at End User’s cost.
• Under no circumstances will a credit note be issued for any defective screen
• In the event Service Center find the returned screen to be faultless, Optoma is entitled to charge End User the diagnose fee, handling fee and freight, and return the screen back to End User at End User’s cost.
• For defective screen that is outside the Warranty Period, an appropriate replacement cost will be quoted to End User for authorization and payment.